Choosing pup | Things To Remember
When someone decides that they want to have a pup, they often start looking for one without really giving it much thought. Well that is not the way to go. Like in any other thing, it is always advisable to do your research well so that you can familiarize yourself with the various breeds as well as the price. Its common logic that anybody would want to have the best pup for a pet. That is why it is very important to do a thorough research to enhance you make a good choice. You should at least visit the internet do a research of the various breeds and get to know which is better than the other. You should not end your research there; visit the animal shelter to see the actual animals. If you do not find the breed that you want in the animal shelter, you can always expand your search to the various animal rescue agencies, which specialize in particular breeds. When you find the breed that you feel can make the best pet for you, then take it. There are still some very important things to consider to avoid circumstances where you regret because you dint get what you expected.
• Compound. This is one of the factors that you should consider, you should determine if your apartment has a big or a small backyard. If it is a small compound, you do not want to get a pup that requires a big space to run around and play as well. You need to get a dog that will be comfortable in your compound.
• Amount of hair. Almost every will be irritated by a pup that sheds hair everywhere. If you are that type and you cannot probably handle hair everywhere, you need to get a pup that is less hairy. A golden retriever would be very unsuitable for you and you should avoid it as much as possible.
• Other pets and children. This is another very important factor that you should not leave out. Some breeds are not very friendly to other animals or even children. So if you have other pets and children at home, you might want to get a breed that is friendly like the Dalmatian,which can play comfortably with both. You would not want to bring in a violent breed for the sake of the safety of the kids, which is important to any parent.
• Dog food. This is another factor to be considered when choosing a pup. When you buy large bags of dog food, they are usually more economical than buying in small bits. You find that some breeds like the Alstatian require special foods which might be quite expensive, but that solely depends on you. It is all up to you to decide what type of breed you want to bring in.
• Pet insurance. When choosing a pet, a pup for that matter, it should have insurance. This is because some breeds of dogs are likely to have certain health problems as they grow older. Dog vet bills are often very expensive, and so insurance is important to try and economize.
Apart from the one of the most important thing to consider while buying a puppy is its prices and whether it is pedigree or cross breed. Some pedigree puppies like Parson Russells might be quite expensive while others are not. Hope this short guide will make things clearer for you and help you to choose the right puppy.