If you are in the market for a dog breed, the following guide list will give you a hint of the most expensive dog breeds in the world, there are a variety of factors which make a dog breed expensive. Purity of the breeder, whether a particular breed is an offspring prize winner, et al. Through a varied of searches on the internet the list of the top ten most expensive dog breeds in the world are as follows:
– The Akita breed that comes in at the number 10 position the breed from Japan which can sell from between $ 1500 – $ 4500. The breed is used in show rings and therapy work. It has thick double coat can be of any color, its trademark is plush tail that curls over his back
– At the number 9 position is the Bearde Collie which can be sold for between $ 1000 – $ 5000.This is a herding breeding dog that was once used in Scotland, it has a long double coat with furnishings and is colored black, blue, brown or fawn with white or tan markings.
– At the number 8 position Pharoh Hound which can fetch as much as $ 2500 -$ 6500. It originates from the Mediterranean basin.
– At the number 7 the Tibetan Mastiff which can casually go for $ 2,200 – $ 7000. Recently such a dog sold for a whooping $1.5 million dollars, this however does not make it the most expensive dog breed.
– At the sixth position, is the Rottweiler, this dog retails at a price of between $ 2000 – $ 8000. The Rottweiler has an uncanny resemblance to the pharaoh hound and is used for sporting events.
– At the fifth position is the Chow Chow which can fetch between $3000 to $8500. This is a breed that has its origins in China, it has a life span of between 9 – 15 years and a litter size of between 5 – 7 pups.
– At the fourth position is the English bulldog, it retails for $ 2500 – $ 9000. It has a lifespan of between 8-12 years. It has a wrinkled face, s distinctive pushed in nose, and a heavyset appearance.
– At the third position is the Samoyed with over 3000 years of breeding, which originates from Siberia which can fetch for between $ 4000 – $ 11,000. The dog gets its name from the people of Siberia and is used to pull sledges; it has a fluffy white appearance.
– At the second position is the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from England that can retail for between $ 1,000 to $ 14,000. This dog breed is typically classed as a toy dog and has a lifespan of between 9-14 years. It has a silky coat and an unlocked tail. The breed comes in four colors – Bleinheim, Tri color black/white/tan,and Ruby)
– At first position comes the German Shepard (Alsation), that can retail for in excess of $ 20,000. Typically these breed is associated with matters security and guiding of blind folk on account of their high degree of intelligence. These are the 10 most expensive dog breeds worldwide.