Breeds Comparison: Bulldog or Cavalier King, Chihuahua or Cocker Spaniel
Although dogs have been described as man’s best friend, man’s best buddy comes in diverse packages. The diversity ranges from, temperament, size, and even personality of the mutt in question. The following article will attempt to give a difference of the different dog breeds in the market place.
The Bulldog vs. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:
The two breeds differ as widely as day and night, foremost the coat of the Cavalier King Charles is coated in silk whereas the Bulldog has a plain coat.
– Similarly, the Cavalier King Charles and Springer Spaniel is considered as a toy dog, a play thing for want of a better definition, whilst the Bulldog is considered something between a security dog and just a pet.
– The temperament of the two dogs also differs widely with the Bulldog being considered rather abrasive whilst , independent , and rather cheerful with its only downside being that it is not deemed a social creature. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel on the either hand is considered to be somewhat cheerful and definitely social, it is not independent and is definitely not aggressive a fact that makes it the ideal toy dog.
– The Bulldog has the capacity to produce a litter size of some 2- 5 puppies while the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has the capacity to produce a litter size of between 2 -6 puppies. While still on numbers the Bulldog has a lifespan of around 15 years whilst the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a lifespan of some 12 years.
– Lastly, in as far as body dimensions are concerned the two breeds also are poles apart because for instance the Bulldog has a minimum weight of some 22 pounds and a maximum weight of some 30 pounds, whilst the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a minimum weight of some 13 pounds and a maximum weight of some 18 pounds.
Chihuahua and the cocker spaniel:
Another dog breed that is worthy of comparison is the Chihuahua and the cocker spaniel. The differences between the two breeds are also aplenty with the latter originating from Mexico whilst the latter originates from the USA.
– The Chihuahua is considered to be the smallest dog breed in the world whilst the Cocker Spaniel is a – Similarly, the Chihuahua is considered a toy dog whilst its counterpart is deemed more as a sporting dog.
– The temperament of the two breeds is also poles apart with the Chihuahua being regarded as a loyal mutt, alert, and forever intelligent; the Cocker Spaniel on the other hand comes across as being loyal and social.
– The Chihuahua has a minimum life expectancy of some 14 years with a maximum life expectancy of 18 years while the Cocker Spaniel has a minimum life expectancy of some 12 years and a maximum life expectancy of some 15 years.
– The Chihuahua has a minimum weight of some 3.3 pounds and a maximum weight of some 6.6 pounds whilst its opposite number has a minimum weight of some 24 pounds and a maximum weight of 33 pounds. These are but few comparisons between the afore-mentioned dog breeds.